Recently at Life Compass Blog, we’ve been talking about how to improve your success in achieving New Years Resolutions. Here are ten tips that can help:
- Turn your resolutions into goals by specifically identifying what you want to accomplish and when you want to accomplish it.
- Be specific in setting your goals. Write them down.
- Be realistic in your expectations and deadlines.
- Identify resources or tools that can help. For most goals, “there’s an app for that.”
- Identify obstacles that could keep you from achieving your goal, and potential solutions.
- Enlist the support of a mentor or accountability partner who will encourage you toward the achievement of your goals.
- Set aside a specific time each day or week to work on your goals.
- Virtualize your success – imagine what your life would be like, in vivid detail, when these goals are achieved. Begin to act now like you’ve already achieved them.
- Keep track of your time invested and progress made. You must inspect what you expect.
- Plan to reward yourself when each goal is accomplished. It doesn’t have to be expensive or a big deal, but plan to reward yourself when you accomplish your goal.
A little thought and planning right now will help to propel you forward toward the successful achievement of your New Year’s Resolutions. Why not get started in changing your life today?